Applications invited for Cadets and Futures Programme
The Cadets and Futures Programme, developed by Tennis Shropshire and inspire2coach over the last six years, is inviting applications to take part in the next programme.
A meeting has also been arranged with Adam Wharf, who is now looking after the programme, at The Shrewsbury Club between 10-11am on Saturday, September 18.
It will provide a more in depth overview of both the Cadets and Futures Programme, for both parents and children, with the opportunity to ask questions.
The Cadets and Futures Programme gives young people aged from 13 to 16 the opportunity to develop their leadership skills and confidence in tennis.
A four-year split programme allows them to join at different ages, with the aim to introduce and develop them to assist with tennis activities within the tennis industry.
The programme provides a broad spectrum of opportunities for their future development, with the potential of taking an official LTA level 1 qualification and also future career opportunities.
Cadets year 1 (2008) Cadets year 2 (2007)
• Gives a fun introduction about what tennis coaching is – organisation and communication
• Help to develop first skills in leadership on the tennis court – large groups
• Develop diversification – Disability tennis
• Learn how to assist in the best way possible – children from age 6-9
Futures year 1 (2006) Futures year 2 (2005)
• Running different competition formats from start to finish
• How to assist at small and large events. Develop understanding of the process of running tennis events – on and off the court
• How to develop healthy fun enviroments
• Working with older children age 9-13
Please send application forms (available here) to Adam Wharf at [email protected] by Friday, September 17.