Could you be the future of tennis in Shropshire?
Tennis Shropshire is offering two exciting volunteer programmes for teenagers this year. Both programmes will help you gain a better understanding of what's involved in coaching as well as how events and tournaments are run - and of course there's plenty of fun and friendship involved too!
The County is offering the chance for keen 12 and 14 year olds the chance to learn skills which will help them assist coaches in delivering tennis sessions. The programme will involve two workshops led by inspire2coach staff at the Shrewsbury Club. This is a great first step before the Tennis Futures programme.
To book your place contact Josh Price at [email protected] Places are limited please book now!
Workshop 1 – 2 hours April 7th 12-3pm
Workshop 2 - 2 hours May 26th 12.3pm
The County is offering 20 keen volunteers the opportunity to join the Tennis Futures programme. A great chance to learn skills which will help you volunteer in tennis.
Is the Tennis Futures Programme for you?
• Are you aged between 15 and 18?
• Would you like free training to help you volunteer at your local tennis club?
• Would you like to be part of a small team of young people helping Tennis Shropshire to get more players playing more often?
• Would you like a uniform to make you feel part of the Tennis Shropshire Team?
• We see this as the first step to a career in coaching and can support our Tennis Futures after completion of this programme with mentoring and financial support with Level 1.
What can you expect?
Tennis Futures Programme will be a combination of attending core activities delivered by our partners inspire2coach and volunteering in tennis both where you play and at Tennis Shropshire events throughout the County. Your volunteering hours will be signed off by your mentor.
Core Activities (all at The Shrewsbury Club)
• Introduction to Tennis Futures & How to run a competition workshop – 3 hours: Sunday April 28th 12-3pm
• Tennis Futures lead a mini-red event – 3 hours: Saturday 25th May 12-3pm
• How to run an activity day workshop – 3 hours: Sunday 9th June12-3pm
• Coaching workshop – teaching smaller & larger groups – 3 hours: Sunday 7th July 12-3pm
Tennis Shropshire Volunteer Opportunities
• Kidsfest (Shrewsbury) 11/12 May
• Red Team Tennis 12th & 19th May
• GBTW – 18/19 May
• Food Festival (Shrewsbury) 29/30 June
• Shroopshire Wheelchair Tournament 1/2 June
• GBTW – July 20/21
• County Club Championships – 24 August
• National Wheelchair Championships – 30 Nov -1 Dec
How to Apply
To find out more about Tennis Cadets or Tennis Futures please email Josh Price [email protected] for details and an application form - Please be aware for Tennis Futures you'll need to commit to a minimum of 3 core activity dates plus 3 volunteer dates.